Indigenous peoples of Russian Federation, and with them Erzya people, continue to comprehend the act of Udmurt scientist Alberta Razin, namely self-immolation as a form of resistance to aggressive assimilation policy.Continue reading →
On 12 September 2019, Syres’ Boliayen’, activist of Erzyan national movement, swore an oath of Inyazor, chief elder of Erzya people.Continue reading →
On July 13, 2019 Rasken’ Ozks, the ancestral prayer of Erzyan people took place in Erzyano-Mokshania (Republic of Mordovia). On the eve of this event Council of Elders (erz. Atyan’ Ezem) chosen chief elder of Erzyan people, Inyazor, by secret ballot. Syres’ Boliayen’, chairman of Erzyan Val society and co-founder of Free Idel-Ural movement, was chosen as new Inyazor; he permanently lives in Ukraine and his candidacy was supported by 12 from 18 elders of the Council.Continue reading →
On Saturday, 13 July, in Erzyano-Mokshania (Republic of Mordovia) Ras’ken’ Ozks was held as the biggest ancestral prayer of Erzyan people. Village of Chukaly in Bolsheignatovsky district became the traditional place of this gathering, where prominent battle of Erzya against Nogai horde took place in 1612.Continue reading →
We, delegates of Congress, representing all Erzya in Russia (Russian Federation),
– building on history of our people during many millenniums,
– honoring memory and following ancestral traditions,
– feeling ethnic, language, spiritual and cultural unity,
– noting with delight presence of stable Erzya self-consciousness,
– recognizing responsibility to create favorable conditions for survival and development of our future generations,
– basing on provisions of both international law and Constitution of Russian Federation that guarantee human rights as well as people’s rights,
– expressing respect to history, traditions, culture, languages and national dignity of other peoples,
– wishing to join global community of peoples under our own historical name,
– striving to be recognized as independent full-fledged people,
– hoping on understanding, good will, collaboration of nations, governments and other authorities or administration bodies,
– expressing expectations of all the Erzya people,
We hereby declare about its will to be officially known under its proper historical name of Erzya people and reaffirm all its inalienable rights.
With the best wishes of Consent, Peace and Progress to all peoples.
Congress of Erzya people.
Republic of Mordovia,
March 23, 1995.